To develop the Indonesian dive community.
To promote Indonesia's underwater wealth by offering affordable group diving and educating divers to environmental awareness and sensitivity. Creating a social circle of divers and friends to share knowledge and experience.
New Member Requirements
- Be a certified diver (PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent).
- Have a minimum of 30 logged dives. At least 12 of these need to have taken place over the last 12 months in two different trips to a minimum depth of 18 meters. This is to ensure that diver's skills are maintained. Proven through dive logs.
- Join two Kapal Selam Dive Club trips as a non-member before becoming a Kapal Selam Dive Club member. Pay the enrolment fee of Rp. 300,000. This includes Rp. 150,000 for the new member enrolment fee (member polo shirt) and Rp. 150,000 for the annual fee. The membership period begins on May 1st and ends on April 30th. There is a two month grace period for membership fees meaning that new members will not have to pay the previous year's fees if joining within two months of the next membership cycle (between March 1st and May 1st).
- Fill out the Kapal Selam Dive Club general diving history questionnaire, submit a copy of diving certification card and recent photo.
- The annual membership renewal fee is Rp. 150,000.
- Membership renewal fees are due on May 1st. There is a 30-day grace period. After May 31st, if a member has not paid the fee he or she will become an 'alumni'.
- Friends who want to become members will be considered new members, and must pay the appropriate new member fees.
- Members will be issued a Kapal Selam Dive Club Identity Card after paying their annual fees.
- All active members within membership period will get a KSDC card valid for 1 year or as long as the person become a member.
- KSDC membership card should be presented to the dive centres to obtain KSDC special rates. Failure to present the card may result in refusal of the dive centre to give KSDC special rates. This particularly applies to members with whom the affiliated dive centres are not familiar. (24 April 2006)
- A committee will be formed to represent other members in terms of decision making for the best of KSDC interest. The committee can warn members if they deviate from KSDC's commitments, and even expel other members if necessary. The committee should consist of five active members, and every decision made for KSDC's behalf will be through a voting system. A decision is reached when at least 3 committee members votes in favour. From the meeting, the agreed committee members are: Hengky, Erwin , Mia, Nila, Yuji (24 April 2006)
- The committee will have the responsibility to warn members if not adhering to KSDC's commitment to the environment, even expel members if necessary (24 April 2006)
Kapal Selam Dive Club must hold an Annual Meeting within two months of a new membership cycle open to all Kapal Selam Dive Club members.
These meeting minutes are the result of an Internal Kapal Selam Dive Club Meeting held in Singapore on April 24, 2006.